If you've frequented the Carte Postale gallery at SCS, you may have already seen this card but I'm posting it again here for a couple of reasons. #1. I'm heading out to One -Act play competitions a little later and don't have time to stamp something new. #2 I thought I'd share my hints to get the circles punched in a straight line.
I start by making a template.
1) Take a 5 1/2 x 2 3/8" piece of scrap cardstock and score a line a 1/2" in from the edge on the 5 1/2 inch side.
2) Punch out 3 - 1 3/8" circles from another piece of scrap cardstock.
3) Attach these to the first piece spacing them evenly along the score line and punch them out again. I just eyeball these but you could measure it out.
4) Now you have a template to place over a stamped 5 1/2 x 2 3/8" strip to show you where to to help you punch another straight row of punched circles.
5) Tie your ribbon between the holes and attach to a slightly bigger (5 1/2 x 2 1/2") contrasting strip.
6) Punch out your smaller 1 1/4" circles and attach inside the larger circles.
7) Layer this piece onto a card front and finish as desired.
You can certainly change the measurements to fit your project.
This card uses: Blush Blossom and True Thyme cardstock, Blush, Thyme and Cranberry Crisp ink, an aquapainter to apply the cranberry ink to the flowers, Carte Postale, Leaves a la carte wheel and Cheesecloth background, moss gingham ribbon and, of course, the punches.
You may also want to note that I've added categories to my sidebar. As my posts accumulate I wanted to make it a little easier to go back and find previous samples. Please leave me a comment if you have a suggestion for other categories.