This card is made with the set Festive & Fun, from the Holiday Mini Catalog. The color combination, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso is from this week's Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.
Festive & Fun is the perfect stamp set if you like a little bit of coloring. Non of the spaced are too big, making it very easy to color with markers.
- I always start with the lighter colors (Pool Party) and finish with the darker colors.Shades of red are considered among the darker colors. For some reason they have a high propensity for smeaing.
- It is quite subtle but you might notice I shaded the left side of each letter/portion of the image with a light swipe of my Sahara Sand marker.
- Think of thirds when you divide your design area. The Cherry Cobbler portion is roughly 1/3 of the area covered by the Cherry Cobbler/Early Espresso layer.
- Repeat colors or elements whenever possible to help create a sense of rhythm: I added the punched white trim. I also repeated the dots and stripes in my textured backgrounds.
- The stripes in the Early Espresso piece are sanded for a little more worn look.