This is such an easy card to make and you can easily customize the colors for the couple. I wheeled the jumbo Wedding Words wheel in Stazon Black and then sponged the colors from the wedding invitation, which were very close to Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo.
- My original intent was to have the birds facing each other a la Love Birds. After playing around with them I decided that placing the birds next to each other seemed more appropriate for a wedding card.
- A bit of sponging and tiny rhinestone eyes finish the birds.
- Speaking of finishing, it is barely noticeable, but I layered an ever so slightly larger layer of Basic Black cardstock under my wheeled piece. It seems to focus the words a little better.
- I like the idea of using square cards for weddings. They seem a little more special and as long as you are hand delivering you don't have to worry about getting the postage right.
- I made and photographed this card back in April when Stampin' Up! still carried square envelopes. Though these envelopes are no longer available it is a snap to make envelopes with the Simply Scored Tool with the Diagonal Plate. For a 5 1/2" square envelope you would want to start with a 8.5 square and score at 3 7/8". You might like to try vellum or Designer Series Paper. Here is Stampin' Up!'s Donna Griffith showing how to make an envelope: