I'm not sure which of 6 stamp sets exclusive to Sale-a-bration 2013 is my favorite yet but Vintage Verses is certainly in the running. It's words work for a lot of everyday occasions and the images themselves play nicely with oh, so many shapes and diecuts.
I'm also proud of myself for actually using the one-of-a-kind elements from Artisan Embellishments. So often I have a tendency to hoard them. Here's how my creative process worked on this card, with a little help from SCS's Inspiration Challenge:
- This time I started with a small portion of the Artisan Embellishment Kit's scalloped lace on top of Very Vanilla card stock.
- I tied it with a scrap of Very Vanilla seam binding to make it a little more 3-D...
- and then the small vanilla rose, also from the kit, just kind of drew itself to the card like a magnet.
- Though this was very pretty all by itself, it still needed a message. The windows framelit worked best and Vintage Verse's Just Because fit that piece perfectly.
- In order to make the message pop, I added a layer of a Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla pattern from the Print Poetry DSP Stack.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to mount the whole piece and a Very Vanilla card.
Just in case you are starting your Sale-a-bration wish list:
Very vanilla Card stock 101650
Print Poetry Stack 129312
Artisan Embellishment kit 129328
Crumb Cake ink pad 126975
Very Vanilla Seam Binding 6.95
Very Vanilla Envelopes 107300
Glue Dots 103683
Windows Frame Collection 129021
Vintage Verses 129633/w 129636/c Sale-a-bration item
That's all for now. Stampin' at the Pad with my downline starts tomorrow. Yes!