It's been a busy fall but my favorite winter stamping season is approaching and I couldn't resist preordering a few (not!) of the inspiring products in the upcoming Occasions catalog that goes live in less than a month.
Before my order arrived I had already planned to try Life in the Forest for a Christmas card and decided to use this week's challenge "out on a limb" to get me going:
- The card base is White Naturals as are the colored layers.
- A few lines at the base of the trees with an Early Espresso marker give the illusion of snow.
- I used a base of Wild Wasabi (Aquapainter plus ink pad) with a touch of Garden Green shadow for the trees.
- Confession time: I ordered Christmas Messages from the Holiday catalog mostly because of this "All I want for Christmas is You" greeting. Just cute! Pistachio Pudding Marker gave just the right hint of green in outlined Christmas word. Oh yeah the fox is watercolored with Cajun Craze..
- What do you think of the Scalloped Tag Topper punch? Just slide in a scant 2" wide strip fo card stock and you have any length tag you want. I edged the tag ever so slightly with my Early Espresso marker. That and the ever present but hidden dimensionals help the tag pop off the page.
- A Naturals Designer button is tied up with Early Espresso Baker's Twine to finish off the tag.
PS: the other greetings from Christmas Messages are awesome too. I'll post Some Festive Flurry cards with this greeting set as soon as I figure out how to transfer them from my iphone to my laptop. I gave up the flip phone and I'm still getting used to using a smart phone. I must say it is fun to have your camera also play Christmas music!
Well, that's it for now. We're off to see if we can find a Christmas tree.