I have a couple of cards for you today:
The first card is for a photo inspiration challenge for "The Challenge"
I love the colors and couldn't resist doing this challenge.
- My panel is made of Crumb Cake. I applied White craft ink to the raised part of the folder's design, which of course is the recessed portion that appears on the card. It is subtle but softens the look.
- The lace is Venetian Crochet Trim (#134581).
- All of the floral parts are cut with Botanical Builders framelits (#140625). to start with I cut just about everything except the border and two largest leaves out of Very Vanilla cardstock. I colored the ferns by pressing them lightly into the Crumb Cake inkpad which leave kind of a nice texture that you can see in the close-up. I sponged the flowers and decided to add a couple of flower centers cut from Crumb Cake. The smallest flower has a center stamped with the photopolymer stamp set Botanical Blooms (P#140757). You can get these in a bundle : (stamp set, the framelits AND the coordinating paper) (#140819).
- The ribbon is white 1/2" seam binding7 (#134573) which I dyed with a few tiny drops of Blushing Bride reinker(#131157) though you could also get ink from your inkpad. I love the wrinkled hand-dyed look you get from this.
- To finish it off I applied some little pearls (#119247).
Here is a close-up:
Card #2 was much quicker. I did it for the 576th Sketch challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.
Here is my take. It will be one of the designs we do for the 100 Valentines project we do for our local nursing home.
- When I was playing around with the What I Love Sale-A-Bration set (@141276) yesterday I really liked the striped pattern I could make with the leaflet stamp. So, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the vertical strip on today's challenge. I didn't even need the Misti on this. It was easy to do with a clear block. The color is Wild Wasabi.
- The Focal point is the greeting from Suite Sayings (W#140709, C#140712). The large heart is punched from Watermelon Wonder with the heart from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (#133787). The smaller hearts are punched with the Confetti Hearts Border (#137415)
- I rounded the corners with the Project Life Corner punch (#135346).
- Oh, yes! Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) What would I do without those?
Thank you so much for your visit today! It is fun to share with you.