I gave a hundred Valentines.
A hundred, did I say?
I gave a thousand Valentines
one cold and wintry day.
I didn't put my name on them
or any other words,
because my Valentines were seeds
for February birds.
by Aileen Fisher
That is a poem I used several years ago to make Valentine bags of bird seed. Now the 100 Valentine Project are Valentines I help to make for nursing home residents. You can see some that we did last year here. Another was in a blog post last year. I don't really want to repeat any from last year so I've been doing a few new designs.
I got a few more designed today thanks to a couple of sketch challenges: Mojo Monday and Stamplorations:
Here is Mojo Monday sketch 431:
I've had the Mojo Monday's circles floating around in my head for a few days and tonight I got this to come together:
- I used the Going Global stamp set (#140475) on both cards, along with the Going Places DSP stack of paper (#140581). Other colors are Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White.
- The background is dry embossed with the World Traveler embossing folder (#138289).
- While I just stamped the globe image in black ink for my "prototype", I decided to emboss it with black powder for the final, glued together version.
- The candy dots are also Cherry Cobbler from the regals group (#130932).
- I used my pinking shears which long ago stopped cutting fabric after embossing the greeting with white powder.
My second card is done with mostly the same supplies but used a great simple sketch from Stamplorations:
Same sentiment from Going Global... I tried to keep it even simpler with just the historic map dsp placed directly onto the white card base but decided in the end that it really needed that skinny Basic Black strip. The heart is embossed in black and cut with a die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlets (#137547).
Thanks for coming by today.