A few days back I got the stamps out from the Rose Wonder/Rose Garden bundle and tried them out with a last week's Colour Q challenge:
Here is what I came up with:
- I embossed the large rose image on a half sheet of Stampin' Up!'s watercolor paper in white and basically just played with the challenge colors using my aquapainter and the lids of the pads.
- I brushed each area with clear water before applying the color as this seems to help move the color.
- I did the whole flower with Primrose Petal and then went back to add shades with Raspberry Ripple. Same thing with the Crumb Cake leaves.
- If you don't have the retired Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals I'm sure you could get a similar look with Rose Red.
- I used some retired Very Vanilla Seam Binding but you could get a similar look if you just lightly tea-dye some white seam binding.
- I like to do sympathy cards larger than A2 so this is mounted on a 5" × 6-7/8 watercolor card.
- The Rose Wonder stamps (#1406970) include a wonderful variety of thoughtful greetings, a couple of which would be appropriate for the inside of this card. Or you can do like I did and just write your own personal message inside.
I'm finally done with our 100 Valentine project. Here are some of the designs we did that aren't posted elsewhere:
It was fun to get a little crazy with some polka dots in my retired Valentine stash. The card on the right includes some non Stampin' Up! washi tape along with retired stamps.
I've got a down line swap to work on so I better get back to work...