One of the first things that I wanted to try with Stampin' UP!'s new Sweet Sugarplum was a color combination that I previously used with the long retired Orchid Opulence. I used to combine it with So Saffron, Old Olive and Rose Red. Here are some Old favorites:
The new Sweet Sugarplum is more muted than Orchid Opulence so I experimented with some other colors to make these play together.
- On this first card I didn't end up using the So Saffron but by experimenting with Rose Red, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum inks I felt like approximated the older color coombination best by stamping on both Rose Red and Sweet Sugarplum cardstocks with Melon Mambo ink. The greens used are Pear Pizazz and Old Olive. Stamp sets: Greatest Greetings and the Swirly Bird Bundle. In color 2016-18 Enamel Shapes.
- This time I used So Saffron as my base. Other papers are Sweet Sugarplum and Old Olive
- Stamps: Birthday Fiesta/Fiesta Time Framelits Bundle
- Inks: Old Olive and Melon Mambo
- Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon, Festive Embossing Folder, Layering Oval Framelits, Dimensionals
- Hints: The scallop framelits from Fiesta Time are actually slightly curved but you can gently straighten them. The tiny flowers were easier to cut with the Precision Plate than the magnetic plate. The photopolymer makes it a snap to line up the accents with the greeting.